Currently (15/03/2017) sipgate services use the following IPv4 address ranges:
(184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11)
(18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124)
(126.96.36.199 - 188.8.131.52)
The current IPv6 address range is:
For SIP signalling only the following addresses are used:
- sipgate UK: 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
- sipgate trunking UK: 18.104.22.168
- sipgate Germany: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
- sipgate trunking Germany: 188.8.131.52
SIP signalling from our side will always use port 5060. The communication protocol is UDP.
The above ranges are rarely changed. However, due to the demands of a modern agile work environment, at times we may need to add or remove IP address ranges.
If you experience one-way audio this may be due to changes to the IP ranges used by sipgate. The IP addresses you need to update in your firewall settings should be available in your connection logs.
For security reasons we further recommend:
- securing any SSH access options to your telephone system.
- changing the default passwords for web access to your telephone system configuration interface.
- blocking calls to premium/special numbers and expensive international destinations that you would not normally call.
Please always stay informed about security recommendations by the manufacturer of your VoIP system, and keep any operational systems up to date.