IP Ranges: Currently sipgate uses the following IP ranges:
RTP Audio ports: For audio, our systems use ports in the range 15000 - 65000. We presently suggest using local RTP ports in the ranges of 44104 (to 44120) or 47104 (to 47120). Local SIP can then be set using either 44160 or 47160.
Transport Protocol: The transport protocol is always UDP (not TCP).
SIP Signalling: For SIP signalling only the following IP addresses are used:
- sipgate UK: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
- sipgate UK trunking: 220.127.116.11
- sipgate Germany: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- sipgate Germany trunking: 126.96.36.199
SIP Signalling Port: Our servers' SIP signalling port is always 5060 (UDP). For local SIP ports we suggest using either the port 44160 or 47160
Although the above ranges are rarely changed, at times we may need to add new, or remove old IP address ranges for operational reasons.
Note: For security reasons we furthermore recommend:
- Secure any SSH access options for your Telephone system.
- Change the default passwords for web access to your telephone system's settings.
- Block calls to any Premium/Special numbers and international numbers that you would not normally call.
Please be sure to take into account, and stay up-to-date with, the security recommendations of the manufacturer of your VoIP system.