Entering your SIP-ID, your SIP Password and our SIP Server address of "sipgate.co.uk" should be enough to register most VoIP/SIP phones, adaptors, and apps to show as being online in your account. Please note that these are case-sensitive.
Basic entry field requirements
After entering the above information, your device should register automatically. If not, please try clearing the fields and entering the data again. If you're not sure which fields to fill in and with what information, please check our device set up guides here.
Common Registration Errors
When a device fails to register, the most common cause of this is incorrect entry of the SIP-ID and/or the SIP Password. If this is the case, a lot of devices will return either a 401 error code/message, or words to the effect of "Registration failed at Provider". Both of these responses mean that the registration attempt failed due to either/or:
- our system not being able to link the request to a sipgate account (SIP-ID being wrong)
- our system not being able to check the verification password (SIP Password being wrong)
Fixing this issue
1) Generate a new SIP Password
If your registration fails, and you receive a response which matches either of the above, or words to a similar effect, then:
- Re-Check your SIP-ID entry/entries (Please make sure you've added the e0 (small "e" Zero) suffix to your entry.
- Re-Check your SIP Password entry (this entry needs to be case sensitive, also please make sure that you didn't accidentally copy a "space" before or after the password, if you used Copy/Paste)
If, after checking you are sure that the entries you have made are correct, then we would now suggest that you create a new SIP Password, and then enter the newly created SIP Password in the place of the "old" one.
To do this, log into your account and go to Personal Settings - Telephony, and then click on the icon of the device which you want to change the password of. In the pop up window, next to your current password you will see a small "cog" icon. Clicking this will open a new window with a green "Generate new password" button. Click this to generate your new password. Enter your new password into your device password field, save and reboot, and then see if this clears the registration issue.
2) Generate a new device (SIP ID and SIP Password
If this new SIP Password doesn't help registering the device, then you can also generate a new device:
- in the same menu as above, click Delete device
- once the device is deleted, you can generate a new device on the right-hand side of the routing table by clicking Add device
This new device should have a different ending, i.e. "e1" instead of "e0".
Note: please remember to restart your device or app after changing its settings. You may also need to unplug it from the internet and power as well.
If this didn't work and you are still having the same issue then please send our support an email and they will then look into the issue further.