The Zoiper softphone is compatible with Android, Apple iOS, Windows, Linux, Mac and Windows Phone OS. This guide is specific for Zoiper 5 on Android & Apple iOS platforms.
sipgate is a Zoiper Approved VoIP Provider which provides a simple way of getting with our service using this very popular softphone.
After installing Zoiper, all you need to do up is enter your SIP-ID and SIP Password.
The steps for Zoiper with Android, iOS & Windows Phone will be similar:
After installing Zoiper, click through until you reach the Username & Password screen, where you will also see button options for Create an Account and Providers list:
- hit the "Providers list" button (orange) and then hit "Next" on the next screen.
- On the "Choose a provider from the list" screen, scroll down and choose the United Kingdom, now choose the "Show more" and scroll down until you see the "sipgate UK" option.
- select sipgate UK and then hit the green "Get configuration" button on the next page.
- A new window will open asking you to enter your credentials.
- enter your SIP-ID in the Username field and your SIP Password in the password field.
- After entering your SIP-ID and SIP Password, Zoiper will connect to your sipgate account and register the softphone. With Zoiper for iPad and iPhone, please click the Register button to connect.
If Zoiper reports Registration Failed, please check your username and password first. Should these details be correct, please see the Troubleshooting section below.
Testing your Phone's Set Up:
Call the following numbers for free to test your phone's configuration:
- 50000 (sipgate voicemail)
Troubleshooting and Notes:
If you encounter issues while registering Zoiper online or making calls, please test both with and without the STUN Server setting enabled: stun.sipgate.net
If you're using 3G/4G, please only enable lower bandwidth codecs:
If you have problems registering your phone online, with placing calls or with audio quality see the following links and Help Articles for troubleshooting advice:
Zoiper Technical Support:
To be reachable with Zoiper for longer than 15 minutes please adjust some settings for your iOS device. The following settings should enable you to register for up to two hours without app interaction:
Settings -> Incoming Calls:
Force background: change inactive to active
Wi-Fi Keep Alive: change inactive to active