Administrators can edit call routing for all individual users. Individual users can only edit their own call routing.
In this article you will find instructions for assigning telephone numbers, creating a VOIP device connection, adding and editing call routes, and changing the names of routes and devices.
Editing Call Routing for Administrators
Assigning a telephone number
- If you want to assign a phone number to a user, log into your account and click All Users.
- Select the corresponding user. Then click Edit Routing.
- In the routing diagram, you can assign a phone number to the user.
- Then click Finish editing.
Create VoIP device
- Like adding a phone number, log into your account and select the user you'd like to create a VOIP phone for. Then click the Edit Routing button like previously.
- Then click Add a new device. This will generate a new SIP ID and SIP password, which you can then use to register a VOIP phone. This device will also now appear in the routing diagram when you click Edit Routing, where you can then toggle each device on and off for that specific routing.
Different routing for different devices and phone numbers
By clicking Add routing, you can separate the call routing between devices and telephone numbers, further customising the user's call routing between their devices and phones.
- An entirely new call route will be created. You can then edit this call routing by clicking Edit routing, like the above.
Changing Names of Call Routes and Devices
We highly recommend that you change the name of a call route and the devices so that you can easily identify them in the future, or within other areas of the account. You can edit a route's name by clicking Edit routing, or a device's name by clicking the 3-dot icon beside any device.
Changing route name:
Changing device name:
Editing Call Routing for Users
Users can edit their own call routing by logging in and clicking Telephony in the sidebar navigation menu.
From there, users will see the same routing page as administrators do. Users can do everything administrators can do except add a new telephone number to their routing.