A single line number port will take at least 7 business days and a multi-line port will take at least 10 business days to complete from the application date.
- sipgate will submit the application to port your telephone number within one working day of receiving the porting application fee and your completed, hand-signed porting application forms.
- Your current service provider should respond to your porting application within one working day. When your current service provider accepts your porting application they'll confirm the port completion date which will then be communicated back to you by sipgate by email.
- For a Single Line port the port completion date will be at least 5 business days later. The time required for Multi-Line porting applications is longer and depend on your current service provider.
- New porting applications are processed and also complete Mondays to Fridays only. No port request will be processed or can complete on Weekends or Public Holidays.
BT have the following time-scales for completing a number port (This is to be understood as a guideline only):
- Single line – 5 to 7 working days
- Multi-line (greater than 10 lines porting at same time) – 17 working days
- PBX 10 lines or less – 10 working days
- PBX 11 lines or greater (or Centrex site) – 20 working days
- ISDN 10 lines or less – 10 working days
- ISDN 11 lines or greater – 20 working days
We are unable to guarantee that the port will be carried out within the time-scales listed above. Please use the above strictly as a guideline, as processing times for ports from other providers may vary.
- Porting my number to sipgate team
- How much does it cost to port my number to sipgate basic?
- Which service providers can sipgate port numbers from?
!! Avoid delays and extra costs due to port rejections !!
Be sure all the details you provide in the porting application forms are correct. Check with your current service provider if unsure.
For any porting related queries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org