Faxes can be quickly and easily sent from your online sipgate team account without a conventional fax machine.
Faxes you send and receive are converted to PDF format and can be downloaded or archived in your sipgate team Event List. For faxes you receive, email and SMS alerts can be sent to multiple recipients.
You must be logged in as an administrator to add or remove web fax devices.
When a new User or Group is created you'll be asked if web fax should be enabled for the User or Group. Web fax can also be added later using the steps below.
Adding fax to a User:
- In your sipgate team account, click Account Administration
- Next, open the User profile by clicking the small arrow next to your name at the top of the navigation bar on the left-hand side of the screen
- Select the User
- Click their Connections
- Under the different types of connections, scroll down until you find Fax Lines
- Select a phone number to be assigned to the User's web fax
- Change the fax settings as necessary
Adding fax to a Group:
- Log in as an account administrator, and then click Account Administration
- Click Groups --> select the group --> Fax
- On the right hand side of the page click the + Fax button:
Your User or Group has now been allocated a web fax. Next, to complete the setup you'll need to add your incoming web fax telephone number(s), set up your notifications and outbound caller ID.
- A different or more meaningful name for your web fax can be chosen:
- Click Assign Phone Number to add a telephone numbers to receive faxes with:
- The Fax Header will be displayed in the top corner of every web fax you send:
Notifications by email and SMS for newly received faxes can be setup by each User. Notifications can be received at multiple email addresses and phone numbers:
Email alerts are free of charge and include a PDF copy of the fax. SMS alerts cost 12.9 pence per SMS sent.
Note: Notification settings for Group faxes are located in the fax settings of the Group Members. Each Group Member can setup their own individual notification settings for shared Group faxes. In each User's Fax settings all of their available web faxes will listed.
Lastly, under Outgoing Caller ID the telephone number used as the sender number for outgoing faxes can be chosen: