With the sipgate fax printer (Faxdrucker) you can send fax messages from all of your Windows applications. With this new fax software, sipgate makes sending faxes as easy as printing.
- After installing the fax printer, you will find it in the print submenu of all Windows programs.
- When opening the program, you'll be able to enter the recipient's fax number (if you are not logged in, you must enter your login data first).
- The destination number can be entered manually or by selecting a contact.
- Hit send - done!
- Afterwards the current status of the sending is displayed (Info: Sending a fax can take up to 2 minutes)
Note: Currently the sipgate fax printer for Windows is only available in German and for sipgate team users.
- First, download the Windows Installer file of the sipgate fax printer to your hard disk: Fax Printer for Windows 10 (64 Bit)
- Double-click on the file to start the installation wizard, which will guide you through the remaining steps.
Note: In order to use the fax printer, the user account must be equipped with a fax connection. (To do this: Log in to sipgate team and check if a fax is assigned, otherwise assign a fax as a team administrator)
Select Printer: To use the sipgate fax printer, click (as you are used to with your standard printer) on "Print" in the respective application. There, select the sipgate fax printer instead of your default printer.
Log in: After you have clicked on OK, a dialog box for the sipgate fax printer will be opened after a short time (it may take some time if the files are large). If you are not logged in yet, please click on Log in. A browser window with the login for sipgate team opens. Enter your login data there. If the login is successful, the fax printer window appears again with an input mask for phone number and fax connection.
Select contacts: Instead of entering the destination number manually, it is possible to select from the contacts you have stored with sipgate team. To do this, type the name, company or number of a contact into the input field. A contact can be selected from the appearing search results in the dropdown. The number then appears in the input field and the fax can be sent.
Send fax: If you now click on Send, your fax will be sent via sipgate. You can check the status of the transmission either in the window that appears afterwards or as usual in your event list in your account. In addition, sipgate confirms the successful sending of faxes by e-mail, if you have set this. You can close the fax printer as soon as the message "Transmission successful" is displayed or minimize the window at any time. Furthermore, other faxes can be sent while another one is still in the process of being sent.
To uninstall sipgate fax printer from your computer, please proceed as follows:
- First, click on Start in Windows.
- Select Settings, and then Apps.
- There, search for sipgate Fax Printer in the list, select the entry and click Uninstall.