With the sipgate fax printer (Faxdrucker) you can wend faxes from all of your Windows programs. With this new fax software, sipgate is making sending faxes as easy as printing.
- After installation, the Printer's driver can be found in the menu under Printers on all Windows programs.
- When opening the program, you'll be able to enter the receiving fax number.
- You'll also have the possibility to send faxes to multiple recipients simultaneously.
- Hit send - done!
Note: Currently the sipgate Fax Printer for Windows is only available in German.
- First, download the self-extracting file for sipgate fax printer on your hard disk: Fax Printer for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 (32bit and 64bit)
- Double click on the file to start the installation wizard, which will guide you through the next steps.
- When you start sipgate fax printer for the first time, the installation process can take several minutes to complete.
Note: Should Microsoft Framework 2.0 not yet be installed on your computer, it will automatically be downloaded and installed during the installation of Fax Printer. Should Microsoft Framework 2.0 not automatically be downloaded and installed, please download it here.
Note for 64 bit systems: If you are using the Fax Printer with a 64bit system, you may need to download the Framework 2.0 64 separately. The 64 bit Framework 2.0 can be downloaded here.
Note for Windows XP: To install Microsoft Framework 2.0 on Windows XP, you must be logged in as an administrator.
Tips for users of Windows 7/8:
- Should the installation of Fax Printer fail, please try to install the Fax Printer with administration rights (right-click on the installer (.msi) -> run as administrator).
- Try to manually run the fax printer with administration rights. Switch to the installation directory (for example, C: Program Files / sigpate GmbH / sipgate Faxprinter /. The fax printer is then re-registered in the system as a printer.
- Select Printer: To use the sipgate fax printer, switch (as you are used to with your standard printer) to file and print in the application. Instead of selecting the default printer, please choose the sipgate fax printer.
- Log in: Now select which parts of the document are to be faxed and in which quantity. After you click OK, a dialog box for the sipgate fax printer will be opened. You'll need to enter sour sipgate username (email address) and password. Then click login.
- Select multiple recipients: Under the tab receiver, you can now select which contacts you would like to send the fax to. To select multiple contacts, add them by clicking the button added next to the input window.
- Send fax: Now, when you click send, your fax will be sent via sipgate. The status of the fax can be seen in your account on sipgate.co.uk. In addition, sipgate will confirm by email that the fax has successfully been sent.
To uninstall sipgate fax printer, proceed as follows:
- First, click on start.
- Go to settings, and then System, then Software.
- Choose the components you'd like to uninstall.