Grandstream's product site: Grandstream Wave - Downloadable Android & Apple iOS versions
GS Wave set up guide for sipgate team:
To configure GS Wave you will need your SIP-ID and SIP Password.
After installing and opening GS Wave, tap on Settings --> Account Settings.
Tap the "+" button and select SIP Account and enter your SIP Credentials:
Be sure to use your SIP-ID and SIP Password, not your sipgate account's web login username/email and password.
- Tap on the tick button in the top right hand corner.
- Next tap on the sipgate account and scroll to SIP Settings:
- Scroll down and set the SIP Port to 47160.
- then scroll further and set the Registration Expiration (m) to 10.
- In Settings --> Advanced Settings turn off the Random Port option.
- then set the Local RTP Port to 47204.
GS wave should now have registered with your sipgate team account and be ready to use.
Testing your Phone's Set Up:
To test your phone's configuration dial the following sipgate numbers:
For further tests and information please click here.
If you have problems with calls or registering your App online, test with the STUN Server setting enabled:
STUN Server: stun.sipgate.net
STUN Port: 3478
Using Multiple Phones Behind the Same Router:
If there's more than one VoIP phone/device on the same local network, each should us different Local SIP and Local RTP Ports.
For each SIP Phone or device you add, increment the local ports used by 100.
For a Help article about local port numbering, please click here.
If you have problems registering your phone online, with placing calls, or with audio quality try the troubleshooting advice in the following Help Articles: