The sipgate Emergency Call Regulations are also available at:
sipgate Emergency Call Regulations
1. By signing up to the Service you understand and agree with the following Emergency Call Regulations.
2. If the Service is fully operational, public emergency call services can generally be accessed from within England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Important notice: In order to be able to contact the emergency services from your sipgate account, you have to configure and activate your emergency location! Please be sure to submit your correct and valid UK address as foreign addresses are not accepted. Without doing so, making an emergency call is not possible and could put you and your loved ones in jeopardy should an emergency occur!
Do not make any test calls to see if it works!
However, you understand and acknowledge that there may be some limitations as set out in the following paragraphs.
3. For each phone line that you utilise the Service with, you must register with sipgate, the physical location where you will be using the Service. It is your responsibility to maintain the accuracy of your address via your online account. If you do not update us with any changes, it may or may not be possible for emergency operators and authorities to identify your location and phone number when you call emergency services. When you call the emergency services you will need to state your location and phone number promptly and clearly, as emergency operators and authorities may not have this information.
4. If there is a Service outage for any reason, such outage may prevent access to public emergency call services. Also, the VoIP originated Emergency Call may have to pass over the public internet where it will not receive the same network priority or quality assurance as an Emergency Call made on a mobile network or on a circuit-switched fixed line. Please be aware that the VoIP application requires a power source and an enabled internet connection to make emergency calls.
5. You agree to inform potential users of the Service of the above limitations and you understand and accept that you should always have alternative means of accessing emergency services.
6. If sipgate suspends the Service you may not be able to call emergency services.
sipgate GmbH, Düsseldorf, August 2014