This article will introduce you to the basic set up of a User's VoIP phone. In a couple of minutes you should be making your first phone call with sipgate team.
Please click here to login to your sipgate team account:
After logging in
- Click on Phones in the navigation bar
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Under the section SIP Details all the information you need to enter will be displayed
To find your personalised configuration guide directly within your account:
- click on Configuration guides
- you'll be forwarded to the overview of VoIP Phones, Devices and Software
- select your device from the different sub-menus
- this should display your required set up guide (may need a few clicks)
- your personalised configuration guide will then be displayed
If your device has registered online successfully, the status of your VoIP phone should now show the device make/model and also show its IP address and port. If the device never managed to register successfully, you will see the word "Telephone" and "is not registered".
After setting up your VoIP phone, please place some free test calls to the numbers in the following Help Centre article:
Each team trial comes with one hours worth of UK test calls (50 min to landlines and 10 min to mobiles). Place some off network test calls to a UK landline or mobile.
During your 30 day trial, you'll have three 056 UK non-geographic numbers available to help with call testing.
- Remember to set up a call forward to your voicemail: Setting up a user's Voicemail
- Add another User to your sipgate team account and set up a VoIP phone with this new User: Creating a new User
- Try receiving a call from this new User at your own User's extension number and then transfer that call to another number: Transfer: How to transfer an active call to another phone
- Click here to open your Event list to review your call and voicemail records