You have the option to choose which phone number(s) you want to use to send and receive faxes with.
It's only possible to use phone numbers that have not already been allocated to other devices, as assigning a number that has already allocated will only remove it from the device that it's currently associated with.
Add a number to a User Fax Device
There are two ways in which you can do this:
- Choose the user for whom you wish to allocate a phone number to from the drop down menu in the top left corner of the navigation bar
- Click Assign Numbers in the navigation bar
- Click "Add phone number" and you’ll be forwarded to the Phone numbers section in the Account Administration area
- Follow the steps as described below under Option 2
- Go to Account Administration
- Click on Phone numbers
- In the phone number overview select which phone number you wish to assign to a user
- all numbers on the account not yet allocated are marked "does not ring any phone"
- click "click here"
- In the pop up window you have the option to choose where to allocate the number to
- Choose Fax from the provided options.
- The accounts Fax's will now be displayed. Click/highlight the Fax you want the number allocated to.
- Click Save routing
Add a number to a Group Fax Device
(For when the Fax device has already been added to the group previously)
You need to be logged in as an account administrator to be able to add a number to a group, once logged in, please:
- go to Account Administration
- choose Groups in the navigation bar
- select the group for which you wish to assign a Fax number to
- Choose Fax from the group settings menu (Members, Phone, Voicemail, Fax)
- When no fax settings are displayed, click +Fax and add a Fax device to the group
- Click "+ Assign Phone Number" in the Fax numbers field
- A pop up box will appear which will allow you to choose the phone number to assign to the Fax - Important: If you select a phone number that's already assigned to a User or Group, the phone number will be removed from that User/Group and re-assigned to your Fax.