You can choose the number used for your outgoing caller ID for phone calls. This can be your mobile phone number, your landline number, or even your office number.
The chosen number will show up as your caller ID to all numbers that you call. You can even use 0800 numbers as your outgoing caller ID is you wish.
If a User has more than one VoIP Phone they can choose a different caller ID for each.
Setting the Caller ID in your phone
Yours phone's caller ID is done via your sipgate team account:
- Log into your account (both administrators and users can set their own Caller ID)
- Click on 'Phones' in the Navigation bar
- In the DEVICE SETTINGS column you will see the 'Caller ID' option
- Click the "cog" to the right hand side of the Caller ID box.
- Enter the number you want to use in the pop up window and then hit save.
Note/Hint: If you click the "x" button to the right hand side of the window entry, a dropdown will appear showing you all the numbers which are presently associated with the user.
Further Caller ID Information:
Caller ID with forwarded calls
The Caller ID shown by calls which are forwarded onward by your account profile "Forwardings" settings will always show the number of the person who originated the call.
- When you have set your user or group profiles to forward calls onto a different user/group or another number, the number which will be shown in the display of the person "now" receiving the call will be the number of the person who originally called.
Note: There is a way for you to be able to show your sipgate number in the display of the device who is receiving the forwarded call. Please see further down for an explanation of how to set this up.
Anonymous calling on a call-by-call basis.
- You can also withhold your number on a call-by-call basis by dialling *31 before the number you wish to call.
How to set forwarded calls to show the originally called number
Display the originally called number (rung by the caller) when the call is forwarded onwards
As mentioned above, there is a way for you to be able to have the number the original caller rung displayed in the display of the device receiving the forwarded call instead of the original callers own number.
This is done via the use of an External phone. You will need to add an "external phone" to the user or group profile where you will have the call forward active.
For information on adding External phones, please see here.
After you have added the External Phone to the user or group profile, now you need to activate the "display" option.
Setting the PHONE NUMBER DISPLAY option for the external device
- Click Phones
- Click the device name in the EXTERNAL PHONES section
- Click the option PHONE NUMBER DISPLAY
You will now receive two options:
- Number which was dialled by Caller (this will show the phone number which the caller dialled in the display of the device receiving the forwarded call)
- Number of caller (this will show the callers phone number in the display of the device receiving the forwarded call)
- Click the option required and SAVE
Finally, you need to make sure that the External phone is active on the Phone or Group Line where you require it:
- Click Connections
- Click the Phone Line or Group Line that you want the external device active with/on
- Scroll down to the EXTERNAL DEVICES section
- If the device is set to OFF, switch it ON