Call Forwarding can be set up to send incoming calls to voicemail and/or to another phone number either after a delay or immediately.
Calls forwarded to non-sipgate phone numbers will be charged according to the outbound call rate to that destination. This is the case even if you have a call package booked to your account.
Note: Many VoIP phones offer their own call forwarding/diversion options. These can be used instead of, or in conjunction with, your online sipgate account's call forwarding options. More information about using a phone's internal forwarding is available here.
Configuring Call Forwarding
- Log into your sipgate account and click Forwarding or Voicemail
- When under Forwarding, select the Connection for which you'd like to set up forwardings, or when under Voicemail, click Voicemail, Call Forwarding & Hunting
- Calls can be forwarded to up to three destinations (please note, when the call reaches a voicemail then the call is classed as complete and forwarding ends).
Note: Calls received via a Group will not follow a Group Member's (User's) forwarding rules. It will always that Group's next call forwarding rule.
I Want to Forward My Calls - Only in special cases
You can choose to have a general call forwarding ruleset to be followed in all situations.
Or, if you select Only in special cases different rulesets can be created for when you don't answer, when your phone is offline, or when you are on a call.
Here you can choose how long your phone will ring before the call is forwarded and whether to send the call to your voicemail or to another phone number / user or group.
Here you can choose how long the call will wait for you to be finished with the call you are currently making and whether to send the call to your voicemail or to another phone number / user or group.
Choose whether to send any calls received whilst offline or unavailable to your voicemail or to another phone number/ user or group.
Click here if you want this rule to be active during a specified timeframe
Here you can choose what days and times your calls will be forwarded as per the rules selected above.
Example: Setting up call forwarding for workdays and weekends.
- Click the User profile you'd like to set up call forwarding for at the top of the navigation bar, then click Voicemail, then click Voicemail, Call Forwarding & Hunting.
- Choose whether call forwarding should be permanently active or only in special cases.
- Choose where calls should be forwarded to and how long the call should ring before being forwarded.
- Finally choose a time frame for the call forwarding feature to be active during weekdays.
- Click Add row and choose the the weekend timeframe.
- Select the voicemail that calls should be forwarded to outside of the timeframe.
- Click Save
Related Help Article: Setting Up a User's Voicemail