The following in-call functions are available during calls from your sipgate team account:
- Transferring a call: With this function, you can transfer a call to another person. First press *3, then the desired phone number and lastly # to confirm. You will then be connected to one of your other devices. When you hang up, the caller will then be transferred. If you do not want to transfer the call then press *8 to cancel the transfer function.
- Attended (warm) transfer: To inform the person receiving the transferred call that a call from them and your transferring it, just stay on the line and when they answer you can inform them. When you hang up both parties will be connected and the attended or 'warm' transfer completes.
- Switching between parties on an Attended Transfer: When the transferred call is answered on the other side, you can also press *4 to switch back and forth between the person you're transferring to and the caller.
- Conference: If you would like to speak with another person and the caller simultaneously, press *5 and your conference call will start immediately.
- Recording a call: Press *6 and recording will begin. Every person on the line in the conference call will hear the announcement that "recording has begun". Call recording must be initiated on a call-by-call basis.
- Terminate Call Recording: Press *6 and recording will stop. Every person on the line in the call will hear the announcement that "recording has stopped". The recording is located in your event list. You can listen to it directly from the event list or download it as an mp3 file.
- Disconnect: Press *8 and the current connection will be terminated.
- Pick up: *9 or *9 extension number #
When a phone in your office rings, pressing *9 will redirect the call, allowing you to answer it on your own phone. If you wish to answer a call directed at a specific phone in the office, press *9, then the extension number of the phone in question and then press # to complete. For example: *913# to pick up a call to the phone with the extension number 13.
Important: If you are connected with/via an IVR (Interactive Voice Response), then all of the entries require an extra * . So ** entries (double star - e.g.**6 or ** 9 etc).
Hold Music: After dialling *3, the person you're speaking with will be put on Hold. To upload your own personalised Hold Music see this Help Centre article.
Note: *4 and *5 options are only available within the transfer (after a transfer has been initiated).
Note: To use our In-Call functions your phone must support and have DTMF via RFC 2833 enabled.
To configure your Snom's own Transfer, Hold and Conference buttons for our functions please click here.
To setup a Grandstream Deksphones Multi-Purpose Keys for use with our functions please click here.
To configure a Yealink's Transfer key please open your phone's Web Settings and go to 'Features' --> 'General Information' and set 'DTMF Replace Tran' to Enabled and 'Tran Send DTMF' to *3 as exampled below: