We don't offer the option of porting non-geographic UK numbers (e.g 03xx or 08xx numbers) to sipgate team.
Before we can submit your port application, we require the following 2 pre-conditions to be met:
1) your sipgate team/trunking account has been fully verified by entry of the "start code" which will be sent by post upon account creation (the letter is sent on the next working day and takes approx. 2-3 working days for delivery).
2) your sipgate team account is upgraded out of the trial phase and a paid team plan has been booked. For sipgate trunking accounts, the account needs to also be on a paid plan (e.g. sipgate trunking Starter). It is not possible for us to port numbers to a sipgate trunking developer account.
To check the portability of your number, please contact our Port Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to:
- Confirm the full telephone number you wish to port in your email;
- Confirm your current service provider
- Confirm your SIP-ID / your sipgate Account Number
Having confirmed that your number can be ported to sipgate team, we'll send you two application forms to fill out. After completing and signing the forms, you'll then need to send them back to us as a scanned email attachment*1.
Once we receive the forms, we'll submit the porting request to your provider and deduct the porting application fee from your sipgate team account balance (see below for porting fees).
BT have the following time-scales for completing a number port (guideline only):
- Single line – 7 working days
- Multi-line ( greater than 10 lines porting at same time ) – 17 working days
- PBX 10 lines or less – 10 working days
- PBX 11 lines or greater ( or Centrex site ) – 20 working days
- ISDN 10 lines or less – 10 working days
- ISDN 11 lines or greater – 20 working days
We are unable to guarantee that the port will be carried out within the time-scales listed above. Please use the above strictly as a guideline, as processing times for ports from other providers may vary.
When your current provider has accepted the port, they'll confirm the date on which the port will complete. We'll let you know the porting date so that you can plan the changeover in advance on your side. Once the port has been completed, the number will appear in your team account's phone numbers Overview page and can be used as you require.
Just like the free UK number included with your monthly sipgate team plan, ported numbers will not incur an additional, recurring monthly service fee!
The number porting fee per number varies depending on the amount of numbers to be ported.
|Porting Phone Numbers||Porting Cost **
|1 to 5||£20 per number|
|6 to 9||£100 for the first 5 numbers, plus £5 per additional number.|
|11 or more||£125 for the first 10 numbers, plus £5 per additional number.|
The total fee has to be available in your account as credit before the porting request is submitted. Phone numbers cannot be ported to team accounts that are still within their month's free trial phase.
If your current service provider rejects your porting request:
- The £10 rejection fee we are charged will be deducted from your sipgate account's credit balance.
- A new application fee will be charged to submit a new porting application.
Amending Application Details:
If you need to change details after the request is submitted (e.g. the porting date, address) a change fee of £10.- GBP will apply.
*1 Please ensure that all the details you include in the form are accurate. If your port application is rejected due to incorrect details, you will still be charged for the submission and any subsequent resubmissions. If you are uncertain of any of the details requested in the porting forms, you should contact your current provider for clarification.
We cannot access or verify account information held on third party systems. We can only submit the porting details you provide us.
Where security lines are associated with an installation a porting order will only be accepted by your current service provider if you have arranged to have the security functionality removed or transferred onto another number prior to your port's submission.
sipgate cannot port numbers from:
- BT "Equinox" Services
- Nine Telecom
- Vodafone UK Ltd. (which differs from Vodafone Thus/C&W/Energis/YC)