We recommend using our convenient web interface to send faxes. There are numerous functions available so that you can send faxes for professional or private use.
Do you already have a conventional fax machine at home? If you do, it is possible to use your current machine.
Important: To set up your own fax machine, you will need to log into your account as an administrator and go to Account administration. Adding an analogue fax machine is only possible via the use of an unlinked phone. The accompanying SIP configuration information uses your fax machine for the VoIP adapter which is attached to your machine.
Before you decide to use a separate fax machine, please note:
- We can only guarantee a reliable transmission of faxes via the use of our web interface / WebFax feature.
- If you have a fax machine connected to a VoIP adapter, we cannot provide information about the reliability and accordingly cannot guarantee a reliable transmission.
This is how:
- Click on Account Administration.
- Click on the Unlinked Phones button.
- Click the +Public Phones button.
- Add a description (e.g. external fax machine) in the following pop up window.
- Click on the SAVE button.
- Now place your cursor over the new device (fax machine) in your Unlinked phones list and click.
- Click on SIP Credentials in the following pop up window.
- Another pop up window will now appear and you need this data (SIP Account and Server) to set up your VoIP adapter which has your fax machine connected to it.
- Click on the Advanced Settings button
- Set the slide to "Use with analog fax or video-enabled device" YES (An warning/notification window will open, hit OK)
Important: In order to use your fax machine, you have to activate "Use with analog fax or video-enabled device". However, with this mode enabled, it is not possible to make a phone call and fax simultaneously with your own fax machine. Also, When this function is enabled, additional features such as call waiting, call forwarding, call recording and call transfer are not possible.
Therefore, we highly recommend using our Web Fax Feature to send faxes.