We recommend using our convenient web interface to send faxes. There are numerous functions available so that you can send faxes for professional or private use.
Do you already have a conventional fax machine at home?
If you do, it is possible to use your current machine.
Important: To set up your own fax machine, first set up a VoIP phone. The accompanying SIP configuration information uses your fax machine for the VoIP adapter which is attached to your machine.
Before you decide to use a separate fax machine, please note:
- We guarantee a reliable transmission of faxes via the web interface.
- If you have a fax machine connected to a VoIP adapter, we cannot provide information about the reliability and accordingly cannot guarantee a reliable transmission.
This is how:
- Click on Settings.
- Click on the VoIP Phone button.
- Add a description (e.g. external fax machine) in the following pop up window.
- Click on the Add Device button.
- Now place your cursor over the graphic of your new device (fax machine).
- Click on SIP Credentials in the following pop up window.
- Another pop up window will now appear and you need this data (SIP Account and Server) to set up your VoIP adapter.
Important: In order to use your fax machine, you have to activate Compatibility Mode. However, with compatibility mode enabled, it is not possible to make a phone call and fax simultaneously with your own fax machine.
Therefore, we highly recommend using our Web Fax Feature to send faxes.