The following guide describes the configuration of a sipgate SIP Trunk on a fresh install of FreePBX.
Estimated setup time required: under 20 minutes (excluding download and installation of FreePBX)
FreePBX version used in this guide: FreePBX 13; Linux 6.6; Asterisk 13
FreePBX Documentation, Installation & Configuration Guides:
You'll need your sipgate SIP Trunk's SIP-ID and SIP Password.
To find these:
- Login to your sipgate account: https://login.sipgate.com
- Under the Trunks menu in the Navigation bar click on the Trunk you wish to configure
- Scroll down to the SIP Credentials section at the bottom of the main page.
Open your computer's browser and enter FreePBX's IP address into your browser's address bar.
Click on FreePBX Administration:
Submit your changes regularly:
Double check your changes before applying them:
1. Add a SIP Trunk:
Open Connectivity --> Trunks:
Click Add Trunk --> Add SIP (chan_sip) TRUNK:
Add Trunk --> General:
Add Trunk --> sip Settings:
If your PBX is behind a NAT Firewall add the following to your Peer Details:
Edit Trunk --> SIP Settings --> Incoming:
Your SIP Trunk must be registered online to receive incoming calls.
If you only wish to place outgoing calls with your sipgate Trunk this step can be skipped.
In the Incoming menu, delete any settings already entered and add your Register String in the format:
After your trunk has registered online successfully, the status in your sipgate account will update to online:
Your Trunk's registration status can also be checked in the FreePBX GUI under:
Reports --> Asterisk Info --> Registries
2. Add Outbound Route:
Connectivity --> Outbound Routes --> Route Settings:
Outbound Routes --> Dial Patterns:
Simplest Dial Pattern - using X. will send all dialled digits to sipgate:
If you also add a Dial Pattern in your Trunk settings, the Outbound Route's Dial Pattern will be applied to the dialled number first followed by the Trunk's Dialling Pattern.
Set your Outgoing Caller ID:
More than one phone number can be used with a single SIP Trunk.
The phone numbers the Trunk will receive incoming calls with can be chosen in your sipgate account Settings:
- Under the Trunking tab click on the trunk.
- On the right hand side of the trunk's settings click Assign Phone Number to add a single number.
- Choose +Phone Number Block to add a block of three or ten numbers.
To set the Outgoing caller ID in FreePBX:
- Open Admin --> Config Edit
- Click on the extensions_Custom.conf file and add the following text:
exten => s,1,SipAddHeader(P-Preferred-
exten => s,n,MacroExit()
- The number you wish to show on outgoing calls can be selected in FreePBXs settings in the the Trunk Settings ('General' --> 'Outbound Caller ID'), the Outbound Route's settings ('Route Settings' -> 'Route CID') or in the Extension settings ('Outbound CID').
The number to be displayed as your outgoing caller ID must be sent to sipgate in the in the E.164 format (i.e. international format without the leading zeros or plus (+) sign) as a new header P-Preferred-Identity: 4420300000000)
2. Asterisk SIP Settings:
Asterisk SIP Settings --> General SIP Settings: